Rujak Cingur is one of the traditional food in Surabaya, East Java. Rujak Cingur usually consists of several kinds of sliced fruits such as cucumbers, krai (a type of cucumber typical of East Java), bengkoang, young mango, pineapple, and added rice cake, tofu, tempe, cingur, bendoyo and vegetables such as seedling / sprouts , swamp cabbage and long beans. All ingredients were mixed with the sauce made from shrimp paste, boiled water, brown sugar, chili pepper, fried peanuts, fried onions, salt and thinly sliced of green beans young bananas. All the sauces / seasonings are mixed in crushed.
This food is called rujak cingur for the spice processed that is used is shrimp paste and sliced cingur. This is what distinguishes the food in general rujak usually without the use of materials such cingur. Cingur salad served with extra ordinary cracker, and with the base pincuk (banana leaf) or a plate.
- 50 grams swamp cabbage that has been cleaned
- 50 grams bean sprouts
- 75 grams of long beans (divide in half lengthwise)
- 75 grams cucumber
- 100 grams bengkoang
- 50 grams young mango
- 75 ounces fried tempe
- 100 grams fried tofu
- 250 gr cingur (cow nasal cartilage), kikil cow leather, boiled.
- 6 fruit cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 spoons fried peanuts
- 200 grams shrimp paste
- 1-3 tea spoon roasted shrimp paste
- 1 banana grated coarse stone
- 1 tea spoon acid
- 50 cc of boiled water
How to Make:
- Boil water spinach, bean sprouts and long beans until cooked, remove from heat.
- Diced cucumber, bengkoang, young mango, fried tempe, fried tofu and cingur, set aside.
- Create a salad seasoning paste: Grind chillies, shrimp paste, fried peanuts, and paste until well blended. Enter the grated banana, acid and water, cooked, puree again.
- Mix the salad seasoning paste with boiled vegetables, fruit, fried tempe, tofu and cingur. Stir until smooth. Serve with rice rice cake.